Established in 1979, Chung Ying Theatre Company (CYTC) is a reputed theatre organisation financially supported by the Government of the HKSAR and a Venue Partner of Kwai Tsing Theatre, dedicating to promote dramatic arts and develop educational and outreach programmes. We are now looking for enthusiastic candidate to join our dynamic team.
Production Co-ordinator (Contract)
Duties:1. Plan, organise, execute and deliver community theatre programmes on time and within budget;
2. Oversee and organise a roving exhibition related to oral history theatre;
3. Handle logistics and provide administrative support for efficient project management and event management;
4. Proactively and effectively research, liaise and coordinate with service providers, teaching artists, technical team members and community stakeholders; and
5. Attend and assist in the activities and events related to community theatre.
Requirements:1. Degree or above in Arts Administration / Cultural Management / Cultural Studies / Event Management or relevant discipline;
2. At least 3 years relevant work experience in Arts Administration and/or Project Management;
3. Knowledge and passion in performing arts and community theatre;
4. Experience in organising exhibition is an advantage;
5. Excellent in spoken and written English & Chinese;
6. Detail-minded, self-motivated and adaptable;
7. Able to work under pressure with tight deadline;
8. Efficient team member who can work seamlessly with all departments; and
9. May be required to work on weekends and public holidays.
Senior Education and Outreach Officer
Duties:1. Plan and ensure smooth execution on theatre workshops and productions in community and school settings;
2. Assist producer on managing budget, contract, rehearsal schedule and production timeline for community theatre productions e.g. school tour, blackbox productions and environmental theatres;
3. Maintain close communication with the programmes’ stakeholders, such as participants, teaching artists, designers and funding organisations;
4. Work with different vendors on promoting community theatre programmes; and
5. Conduct research on the development of community arts programmes.
Requirements:1. Degree holder or above in Arts Administration/ Cultural Management / Cultural Studies or related disciplines;
2. At least 3 years of solid working experience in art, education and/or community projects;
3. Strong passion in community and education theatre works;
4. Understanding of theatre production process and drama education will be a plus;
5. Good command in written and spoken Chinese and English; and
6. Willing to work during weekends and public holidays
Programme and Communications Officer
Duties:1. Assist in programme planning, producing and coordination of stage performances, educational and outreach projects, and ad hoc projects as assigned;
2.Assist in the execution of strategic communications plans to enhance company awareness and manage deliverable timelines;
3. Participate in, and may lead project production meetings;
4. Maintain media network, handle media interviews, reporting and other related functions;
5. Collaborate with other departments for logistics;
6. Assist in managing and liaising with artists and service providers; and
7. Compile reports, provide full spectrum of administration and secretary supports to senior management.
Requirements:1. Degree holder or above;
2. At least 1 year of solid working experience in theatre production;
3. Strong interest in performing arts;
4. Good understanding of theatre production process as well as local performing arts field;
5. Detail minded and self-motivated;
6. Strong communication and coordination skills;
7. Good command in written and spoken Chinese and English; and
8. Knowledge of graphic design basics and web publishing tools is an advantage.
Accounting Assistant (Part-time)
Duties:To handle daily accounts operation and transactions of the Company including preparation of vouchers, invoices and receipts, processing payments, data input, accounting entry and bank reconciliation.
Requirements:1. Certificate / Diploma from a Hong Kong tertiary education institution or equivalent;
2. Knowledge in Accounting e.g. LCCI level 3 or equivalent;
3. Knowledge in and experience on MS Office and computerized accounting system; and
4. Independent, details-oriented, self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Fringe benefits include rest days, public holidays, annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, paternity leave, medical insurance, employee’s compensation insurance and MPF.
Interested parties please send an application letter together with a full resume (in both Chinese and English) and expected salary to Administration Department, Chung Ying Theatre Company, G/F, 10 Borrett Road, Hong Kong, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th March 2023. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview by 28th April 2023 may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Enquires Tel: 3961 9800
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.)