Established in 1979, Chung Ying Theatre Company is a reputed theatre organisation financially supported by the Government of the HKSAR dedicating itself to promote dramatic arts and paying special effort on educational and outreach programmes. CYTC is one of the first local theatre companies introducing “Theatre-in-Education” to Hong Kong. To cope with our expansion, we are URGENTLY looking for high calibre professionals to join our dynamic team.
Education and Outreach Officer 教育及外展主任 (Contract 合約)
1. Co-ordinating and carrying out logistics and administrative work of creative theatre education programmes with close attention to detail;
2. Handling scheduling of courses, budget, contract and general administrative works;
3. Maintaining close communication with the programmes’ stakeholders, such as school teachers, students, teaching artists and funding organisations;
4. Assisting the promotion of the company’s mission and education programmes.
1. Degree holder in arts administration/ education administration/ business administration or related disciplines;
2. At least 2 years of solid experience in administration in education or art field;
3. Strong interest in drama and community drama projects;
4. Basic knowledge in accounting is a plus;
5. Willing to work during weekends.
Arts Administrator Trainee 藝術行政見習員 (Two-year Contract 二年合約)
1. Hong Kong permanent resident;
2. Interested in arts administration and has never worked as full-time staff in any arts organisation; and
3. Holder of a recognised university degree in Hong Kong or equivalent (applicant who does not have equivalent qualification but possesses rich knowledge or experience in the field of performing arts may also apply with provision of appropriate information).
Resident Teaching Artist 駐團戲劇導師 (Contract 合約)
1. Planning and conducting theatre education programmes with children, youth and elderly;
2. Script writing and directing of community theatre productions;
3. Supervising theatre education programmes and productions;
4. Maintaining close communication with the programmes’ stakeholders, such as school teachers, social workers, workshop participants and funding organisations;
5. Conducting research on the development of the theatre education and community arts programmes.
1. Degree holder or above in applied theatre/ drama education/ performing arts or related disciplines;
2. At least 3 years of solid experience in theatre education;
3. Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin );
4. Willing to work during weekends.
Submit application with a proposed plan of a drama workshop for participants according to applicant’s choice. Please state clearly the objectives, the activities with time allocation and achieved aims in the plan. The plan should not exceed 4 pages.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Fringe benefits include rest days, public holidays, annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, medical insurance, employee’s compensation insurance and MPF.
Interested parties please send application letter together with full CV (in both Chinese and English) and expected salary to Ms. Leung, Administration Department, Chung Ying Theatre Company, G/F, 10Borrett Road, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to email@example.com on or before 31st March 2017. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Applicants who are not invited for interview by 13th April 2017 may consider their application unsuccessful.
Enquires Tel: 3961 9835
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.)